Here are a few tips that will help you expedite your Job search and land yourself a Job as soon as possible.
- 1) Always submit a very short CV. Most recruiters have hardly 7 seconds to look at your CV and make a decision. The shorter your CV the easy it can be notice. 2)Have a different CV for every different role you are applying for. Every Job has different requirements hence customize your CV accordingly.
- 3) Optimize your personal network. Let your friends and family know that you are looking. This way you will have a lot of people out there hunting for you and hence more likely to refer you to a Job.
- 4) Do not use only one channel to search for Jobs, be proactive and be out there. Use different media’s visit companies, read news papers, company websites e.t.c.
- 5) Have presence in professional sites such as Linked in. Most recruiters will do a search for candidates on these sites. Your presence in the same may help you expedite your search.
- 6) Register yourself with recruitment agencies. They usually have a lot of Jobs assigned to them by different companies. If you are a good candidate, they can get you a Job chap! chap!
- 7) Try use people who are already employed. If you have friends or family members who are already hired, they could refer you to their hiring managers and maybe if you have an interesting profile they could contact you.
- 8) Lastly, use your social media such as Facebook, Instagram and the like. Do not be shy put your profile out there join professional groups and use them to get a Job.